Water Treatment Plant Chemicals
List of all water treatment chemicals used.
(From the City of Ottawa water treatment web site.)
- Aluminum Sulphate (liquid)
- Sulphuric Acid (liquid - 93%)
- Sodium Silicate (liquid)
- Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid -12%)
- Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (liquid)
- Sodium Hydroxide (liquid - 50%)
- Aqueous Ammonia (liquid)
- Carbon Dioxide (gas)
- Sodium Bisulphite (for dechlorination)
Each one of these chemicals would kill you in stronger concentration.
Just a thought.
After my tour of the treatment plant I left them with a poem.
I said 'Your solution to pollution is dilution.'
Here are some pictures I took at the treatment plant. It's amaising that they can make this discusting goop from the river clear enough to fool people that it's safe to drink.
<<back to What are my options?