We Are Told To Drink, Lots Of Water! But What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Water ?
The benefits of drinking water are endless! We need lots of clean, pure water. The human body is mostly made up of water, the brain is 95% water, blood is 82% water and the lungs are nearly 90% water. So is it any wonder that we can survive without food for more than a month, but we can only survive without water for about a week.
A tiny drop in body water of only 2% can cause fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on a computer screen or printed page. Mild dehydration is one of the most common causes of daytime fatigue and it is estimated that a whopping 75% of Americans have mild, chronic dehydration. No wonder so many people have trouble concentrating these days.
Increasing Your Water Intake is a Pathway to Better Health...
- Not only do drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day help with our concentration and feeling of fatigue, but it can also relieve many other health problems.
- Increasing daily water intake can reuce constipation , decreasing the risk of colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
- Some studies show that increasing your water intake can also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Drinking water can ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers
- It can relieve symptoms of high blood pressure, sometimes even eliminating the need for blood pressure medicine.
- Another of the many benefits of increasing our water intake is shiny healthy looking skin . Especially in hot dry climates our skin can dehydrate causing it to become dry and lifeless, so by drinking more water we can re-hydrate our skin and take years off our appearance.
- We can detoxify our bodies by drinking lots of pure filtered water, thereby eliminating toxins from the body and taking a load of our kidneys.
- Last but not least is water and weight loss . We probably all know by now that if we drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, our hunger is reduced and therefore we tend to eat less, which helps us to lose weight.
So if we increase our water intake to 8-10 glasses a day, we can expect huge health benefits. But should we be drinking ordinary tap water? US water contains hundreds of contaminants that can adversely effect our health. The best way to insure that you are getting pure, clean water, without chemical contamination is to install a home water filtration system .
For a small cost, you can have all the pure, great-tasting water you need on tap without the chemicals. There is a huge variety of water filters and water filter cartridges available on-line. Counter-top, faucet mounted and under-sink filters are all inexpensive and easy to install. Whole house water filters are a more expensive alternative, but will filter every drop of water to your home. BelKraft is sure to have a water filter to suit your needs, so grab a cup of coffee and a comfortable chair and get clicking.